Succesfull Biomedica Summit 2014 - Where Business & Science met
Biomedica 2014 in Maastricht was a success
The new concept: Biomedica 2.0 brought more than 700 participants together on June 17 and 18, 2014 at the MECC Maastricht.
More than 50 presentations on "My bones, brain and heart" and pitches from 30 companies from the region, have been showcased and led to interesting new business contacts.
Special thanks go to the sponsors and exhibitors of Biomedica 2014, especially the main sponsor Medtronic, the Maastricht Health Campus and Chemelot and the supporting universities of Maastricht, Aachen, Eindhoven, Hasselt, Leuven and Liège.
Also in 2014, 6 winners have been evaluated and awarded with € 500,00 each! The categories were: Biomaterials, Medical devices and Pharmaceuticals.
The winners 2014 are:
- Maltose binding protein as a model for site-specific modification by hydrazine-based expressed protein ligation for advanced biomaterials
Brecht Billen, Hasselt University
- Microfluorimetric techniques to study the interaction of new polymers with living cells
Kristof Notelaers, BIOMED
- Stent-artery interaction in heart valve replacement
Maria Sol Cabrera, TU/e
- Temperature controlled broadband dielectric spectroscopy of nL-μL bioliquids
Dr. Ilja Ocket, imec - KU Leuven
- EGFR as a target for the detection of breast cancer
Magdalena Bialon, Uniklinik RWTH Aachen
- Array formatting of the heat-transfer method (HTM) for detection of small organic molecules by molecularly imprinted polymers